Yoga was traditionally taught by one teacher directly to one student. The great ancient teachers understood the importance of individualizing each yoga experience to meet the needs of the individual student. Today’s group classes are fun, energizing and help to create a strong community and affordable yoga, however, in a group class teachers may not be able to deliver the individualized attention and guidance that we all need at one time or another.
6 Benefits of A Private Yoga Lesson
A private session allows for a more intimate view into YOUR practice. You can start a new practice, deepen your current practice or spend some time working with an injury or specific goal or concern.
- Eases or reduces the stress or intimidation experienced by beginners when attending large group yoga classes for the first time. Private yoga lessons will give you a crash course on the basics of yoga, which will give you the foundation necessary to feel compfortable in a group enviornment.
- Private yoga classes are the perfect way to work with special health concerns, injuries, or any other limitations you may experiance. If you are concerned about the possibility of a re-injury, working one-on-one with a private yoga instructor you will learn how to adapt certain postures and use modifications as well as find out if there are specific poses to avoid when in class.3.
- Private yoga classes can offer a highly viable option if you have set a specific goal – whether it’s mental, emotional, spiritual or physical. With a specific goal in mind, a private yoga instructor can tailor and create a specific practices for you designed to help meet your goals.
- private yoga lessons and provide the necessary guidance to better equip you to meet your goals.
- With the many types of yoga available, a skilled instructor will be able to provide recommendations on what types of yoga works for you best based on his/her observations in private yoga sessions.
- Experienced yoga practitioners can also greatly benefit from private yoga lessons especially for those who want to take their practice to the next level. A private yoga instructor can work closely with you in leading you into more challenging poses in a safe and inspiring environment.
Getting the Most out of Your Private Lesson
- Spend time to talk to your private instructor about your specific goals.
- Drink some water an hour before your scheduled private yoga lessons in order to awaken the mind and the body. Our chi moves through the water in our bodies.
- Leave things that may distract you such as cell phones and other devices put away for the duratin of the session.
- Set your intention. What is it that you want to get from your private yoga lessons? Focus on what you want to achieve through yoga in all aspects- physical, mental, spiritual.
- Breathe. A lot of people tend to hold their breath when concentrating, straining or stretching. Holding your breath will result to the tightening of your muscles instead of expanding them, which can hamper your flexibility. Speak to your teacher about learning some breathing teqniques that can help this durring you sessions together
- Try a package. It can be much more effective if you work with an instructor at least a few times. You can do this in combination with attending group classes or exclusively, working only with that instructor. Both work great!
Private yoga classes are an investment for your personal growth and health. They are a great way to start your yoga practice in a more solid footing before you join group yoga sessions or provide intensive training and exclusive attention for advanced practitioners.
Thanks for Reading ❤